Post 2: Why did I choose my major?

 Hello,

 I want to tell you how I came to study the career I am currently studying and also to let you know a little more of my story.

As I said in the last post, I am currently studying dance and I am in my second year of my career. 

How did I get to this? Well, it's not such a long story. When I was 6 years old the Bafochi (Ballet Folklorico de Chile) academy came to Los Andes, which is my hometown, and my dad came home with the news and asked me if I wanted to join. Would you believe me if I told you that I didn't want to at first? I don't remember what my dream job was at the time but it clearly wasn't to become a professional dancer. My dad managed to convince me to go to a class to try it out if I liked it and I'm thankful he did, because since that day it's been exactly 14 years that I haven't stopped dancing for a single second, and now I'm studying to become a professional dancer. 

Clearly I had more "common" careers that also called my attention, my second option was to study journalism, but I never had to resort to that option because from day one I had the support of my parents to study what I wanted and I feel lucky for that, and I think that has been a super important factor for my college experience to be as good as it is so far. On the other hand, if you ask me right now if I imagine myself being a journalist, my answer is no. I am totally convinced and in love with it. I am totally convinced and in love with the career I am studying. 

I hope you all enjoy what you are studying as much as I do, bye.



Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares